Brazosport Christian SchoolBack to School
Written by Anna Magallanes, Director of Development
Brazosport Christian School is SO very excited for the first day of school! Are you ready?? We have been working hard at getting the campus set up for “Meet the Teacher” night and the first day of school. This year you’ll find new staff, new electives to choose from, and new families joining our Eagle Team! We are blessed with growth and are looking forward to having you all back in school.
Here are a few tips for those interested for the first day of school:
- Drop off lines that curve in front of the school are for preschool and elementary drop off. Junior High and High School Drop off location is at the black gate by the gym. Drop off will start at 7:15 and doors will not open prior to that time. If you have any questions for drop off or pick up, please contact the front office.
- As students (especially the younger ones) are getting back into the routine, it’s important that you make sure they have a healthy breakfast to tide them over until lunch. Mrs. Sanders will have a few options available at the cafeteria window from 7:15 – 7:40 for your convenience. Some of the options will be pastries in the vending machine as well as pancakes on a stick and breakfast bowls.
- Schedules are great to have for your students to get back into the routine too! Try having their clothes set out, lunches made, and homework done the night before. It helps for a smooth morning.
- Pack a healthy lunch. Kids LOVE lunch time! They get to visit and relax a bit, and meet some new friends on the first day of school. Make sure they have some healthy options to keep their brain working all day long! If you plan on buying lunch from our school cafeteria, feel free to visit your parent FACTS portal to sign up in advance to make sure lunch orders are made on time. (All lunches must be ordered by 8:00 AM the day of to ensure the right amount of lunches are ordered for all students). You are able to go online and order well in advance for your convenience, and to ensure your child has lunch the day(s) they want to order.
- Last, but not least, bedtime routines are a must for growing minds! Even with our older students, a good night’s rest ensures that they are paying attention in class, are absorbing the lessons, and are prepared for the day. A decent bedtime routine is a great start to a strong student.
These are just a few tips and tricks to help your child’s first day of school at Brazosport Christian School go smoothly. We are looking forward to a great year and are blessed that you are a part of our Eagle Family. See you Wednesday!